AirPods are undoubtedly the most popular wireless headphones. One of the reasons these earbuds are such a smashing hit is their ability to connect to different devices. AirPods work with iPhones, iPads, Macs, Android smartphones, and Windows PCs. Still, some of the best AirPods’ features are only available on Apple devices. For example, a convenient battery widget with the battery level in each earbud and the charging case. By default, there is no way on how to check Airpods battery level on a PC. Luckily, it is relatively easy to monitor the battery level using third-party apps. In this article, you will find all the information on how to check the battery level in AirPods on a Windows PC.
How to See Airpods Battery Level?
- The first thing you need to do is connect AirPods to a Windows 10 PC. Usually, Windows 10 can read a headset’s battery level and display an approximate value in the settings. Unfortunately, this is not the case with AirPods. This means, to find the AirPods’ battery level on Windows, you need to download third-party software.
- On your computer, click this link to visit Microsoft Store. You need a third-party app called MagicPods. It can display your AirPods battery level (including a charging case) and even display a neat popup whenever you use your AirPods. Do note that MagicPods is not free: it costs $0.99. But there is a free trial, so you can check all the capabilities before purchasing the app.
- After connecting AirPods to Windows 10, install the MagicPods app and run it. Do note that MagicPods works with the original AirPods, AirPods with a wireless charging case, AirPods Pro, and Power Beats Pro. At the time of writing this article, there is no AirPods Max support.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to get the app working.
- Now, go to the Battery Info tab. There you will find AirPods battery level and a charging case battery level. If the app does not show you a charging case battery level, just open the lid on a case and wait for the information to refresh.
Do note that there is no need to launch the app every time you want to check AirPods’ battery level on Windows 10. The Magic Pods app puts a small icon in the notification area where you can track AirPods’ batteries. The icon updates every minute. If you do not like how it looks, go to settings and change the system tray icon from digital to analog.
Besides monitoring your AirPods battery level, the MagicPods app offers lots of additional features. You can control what AirPods do when you put out one earbud, change latency mode, customize the popup windows, etc. It is an excellent app that worth $0.99.
Final tip. If you frequently use AirPods with a Windows PC, make sure to turn on the “Run on startup” option in the settings. Thus, you will eliminate the need to start the app manually each time you turn on a PC.