Generally, the IP address of a networked printer that has an in-built Ethernet port is present on the Menu tab of the device. Here you can easily locate the IP address assigned to the particular device. Other than this, you can also print a printing self-test or configuration page from your printer to know about its details. In case you do not see the Menu button on the printer or you have a printer that does not have any display, then you may find it using any device that you have used to link the printer and give commands to it.
Where is the IP address located on my HP printer
On setting up the printer, you would require to know the IP (Internet Protocol) address. At times, the printer faces network issues or stops working suddenly. You need the IP Address of the printer to diagnose further. Easy steps given in following on Where is the ip address located on my hp printer guide.
Simple Guidelines For find IP address located on my HP printer
Quick steps to find IP address located on my HP printer
- The printer’s network IP address can be found in the onboard printer menu.
- The menu screen on which IP address displays, differs according to printers. You must refer to the manual for exact steps.
- On your printer, click the Menu or the Setup button.
- Use the correct button to navigate your way to a network setup option or networking and press the Enter option.
- Make use of the arrows on the printer board to browse through available networks options.
- Select the options named TCP/IP, Network Status, IP address, or Wi-Fi status to view the IP address settings.
- You will find your printer’s IP address in the list.
Method 1 to find the IP address of the printer
- Click on the Start button of your system.
- Go to ‘Printers and Faxes’ section from the Control Panel.
- Now, find the name of your hp printer and right-click on it.
- Further, left-click on the ‘Properties’ option.
- Next, navigate to the Ports tab and expand the column where IP address is displayed.
Method 2- Use DHCP status page
Those who are using an HP printer that uses DHCP can use another method to find the HP Printer IP address. For this, they need to connect to their router and navigate to the DHCP status page. Doing this makes the router to display all the connected devices that have been assigned a dynamic IP address.
Method 3- Ping your network
- First, click on the Start menu and go to the ‘Run’ section.
- Here, type “cmd” and hit Enter.
- In the command box, type “ipconfig”.
- This will display the network address.
- Next, you need to perform “arp -a” to know the details of all the connected networks.
Other than this, you may also use “netstat -r” command to find the IP address of all network routes as well as Printer Mac Address.
How to change the HP printer IP address?
If you are wondering how to change or update IP address for HP printer, then follow the steps given below:
- Click on the “Start” menu of your Windows 10 device and then navigate to the “Control Panel”.
- Further, go to “Network Connections” and right-click Local Area Connection.
- After this, click on the “Properties”.
- From here, select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and then click on the “Properties” option.
- Now, select the option that reads as“Use the following IP address”.
- Here, you may update the IP address to the desired one.
- You may be required to change the subnet mask also.
- Leave the other fields empty and click on the “OK” option.
- Open a Web browser and type the IP address of your printer.
- Press the Networking button and select TCP/IP from the menu available at the top.
- Now, select “Manual” from the IP Configuration Method drop-down.
- Again enter the IP address and subnet mask in the given fields.
- Finally, tap on the “Apply” button to complete the process.
When you are done with the process to reset the IP address of your printer, you can start the printing process once again.
What to do when HP printer IP address keeps changing?
If your wireless printer’s IP address keeps on changing, then you have to turn off the DHCP on the printer. After this, you can set a static IP address.
- Open your PC and click on the “Start” menu.
- From here, click on the “Settings” option and navigate to the “Printers” section.
- Locate your printer from the list of printers and right-click on it.
- Now, click on the “Properties” option from the drop-down menu.
- After this, tap “Ports” followed by the “Configure” option.
- Here, the “Printer Name or IP address” will display the old IP address.
- You can edit it to reflect the new one.
- In the end, click on the “OK” option and then close the “Properties” menu.
It is recommended that you change or update the IP address of your printer in the same format as it was earlier. For more help, consider talking to a support executive.
Read more – https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/How-to-find-your-printer-IP-Address/td-p/3214499