When IMAP 0x800CCC0E Error Occurs?
The IMAP error message with error code ‘0x800CCC0E’ can pop-up in these two formats:
1. Task Checking for new mail in subscribed folders on your_account.com reported an error (0x800CCC0E): ‘Outlook cannot download folder INBOX from the IMAP e-mail server for account [email protected] Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue receiving this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)’.
2. “2 of 4 Tasks have completed successfully….! Task ‘Synchronizing subscribed folders for your_account.com’ reported an error (0x800CCC0E): Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for your_account.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue receiving this message, contact your server administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP)”.
Reasons behind getting the Error 0x800CCC0E
The main reason behind the error 0x800CCC0E is a disturbed Internet connection. Any configurational changes that are blocking Outlook connection can also be a reason behind this error.
Some of the most common reasons behind 0x800CCC0E are listed below:
- Loss of connectivity to the Internet
- Antivirus settings restricting the connection
- Windows Firewall blocking certain features of Outlook
- Suspicious emails
- SMTP authentication error
- Faulty Add-ins
- Corrupted files
- Incorrect configuration with wrong port numbers
You should know the exact culprit in order to fix the issue quickly.
Resolving the IMAP error -0X800CCC0E in MS Outlook
To fix the error, do the actions mentioned in the steps given below.
- Check the Internet Connection
It is possible that your Internet connection is not stable. Many factors govern a consistent Internet connection; so, do check for the configurational and hardware changes causing the loss of connectivity on your system.
- Check the settings for the Email Account in Outlook
This error can also occur because of the configurational changes in your Outlook email account. Some invalid changes in Incoming, Outgoing, Username, and Password account settings can affect the connection of your Outlook application. Therefore, all the account settings must be appropriate. While checking the account settings, make sure that the username has the entire email address in it. Make sure the port number for your IMAP account is correctly entered in the Internet E-mail settings for your Outlook account, and SMTP authentication is enabled for the Outgoing Server in the same. The procedure to configure settings may differ in different versions of MS Outlook. So you can refer to Microsoft sites for details.
- Delete email messages if they look suspicious
Malicious emails can create issues like blocking of messages. So it’s better to delete them from the mailbox by accessing it using the web-based program.
- Check the antivirus application & disable it
Another reason of this error can be the anti-virus program that is currently installed on your system. Disable the anti-virus program, firewall software, email spammers or email scanning software that is currently running on your machine. Sometimes these types of programs prevent you from connecting to your email account correctly. Therefore, disable all the programs until you start accessing your emails.
- Check firewall configurations
Make sure that your firewall does not block Outlook.exe from accessing Internet. However, this method has some security risks associated with it. So follow this method, only with caution.
- Start Outlook in Safe ModeLaunching outlook in safe mode can resolve many outlook errors.
- In latest Windows versions like 10/8.1/8/7/Vista,
In the Search bar, type outlook.exe/safe and hit Enter.
- In Windows 2003, 2000 and XP,
In Start>Run, type outlook.exe/safe and click OK.
- In latest Windows versions like 10/8.1/8/7/Vista,
- The Outlook application will be opened in safe mode. Now, click on File>Options. Click the Add-ins option from the left panel and then click the Go option against the Manage Com Add-ins section from the right panel. Unselect the Add-ins and click OK to eliminate any issue through the add-ins.
- Verify your Outlook profile
To verify the working of your Outlook, create a new profile and send/receive messages with the new profile. If it is working fine, make the new profile as the default profile.
- Creating a new Outlook profile and setting it as the default profile will help you in fixing many Outlook errors.
- Clean all the messages stuck in Outbox
- Select the Work Offline mode under Send/Receive tab
- Select the Outbox folder, move the messages to the Draft folder or Delete the message stored in Outbox folder.
- Increase server timeout settingServer timeout setting can be modified by following the steps:
- Launch Outlook.
- Got to File>Info>Account Settings>Account Settings
- Select the target account and click on Change.
- Select More Settings and click on Advanced tab.
- Increase the server timeout settings until the error is resolved.
- Third party tools causing a problem
There are various third -party products like Net Nanny, Marketscore (Netsetter) Internet Accelerator, and Panicware Pop-Up Stopper that may cause errors in Outlook. So just be aware of them.
- SMTP server settingsThe IMAP error 0x800ccc0e can happen due to SMTP server settings and email configuration settings. There are 2 methods to modify the SMTP settings.Method 1: Change the outgoing server settings
- Go to Outlook>File>Account Settings>Account Settings.
- Under Email tab, select your email account and double-click on it.
- In the new dialogue box, select More Settings.
- Under the Outgoing Server tab, select the checkbox ‘My outgoing server(SMTP) requires authentication. Click OK.Method 2: Change server port number
- This process is almost same till you reach More Settings option while doing Method I.
- Now, under the Advanced tab write the value for Outgoing server (SMTP) as 587. Click OK
This article covers all possible methods to tackle the IMAP error 0x800CCC0E on your system. It’s pretty evident now that you can fix this issue with the help of some common configurational changes. However, in case you find corruption of PST to be the cause behind the error, you can always use the Kernel for Outlook PST Repair.